Saturday, May 14, 2011

Recapping Week 2!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dinner at the Vegan P90X house
veggies, roasted potatoes, and gardein "chicken"

Week 2 has come to an end! WooHoo!!!!

I think Giacomo and I would both agree that week 2 was way harder than week 1. We were really pushing it through all of our workouts, and SO looked forward to every single gram of carbohydrates that we ate. Giacomo actually mowed the lawn this morning, and the smell made him think "mmmm wheat grass juice....sugar". hahaha. So that should give you an idea of how we are feeling.

We did every workout, although we switched up our rest day with a cardio day, but we got them all in. And week two of no cheating on the diet. UGH! We're both starting to feel the effects of this "Fat Shredder" phase, which is both good and bad. By this I mean that if either of us goes more than 4 hours without food, we become cranky, confused, sort of angry for no reason, and just overall sucky human beings. The reason this is good (glass half full people!!!) is that it means that our metabolisms are picking up speed. Before we could go 6-8 hours without food (although that didn't often happen), sans side effects, but not anymore! So our metabolisms are definitely revving up, which is cool! But still, when we hit this point, which we are constantly aiming not to, we should be in separate cages and fed through a slot in the door. Seriously.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A snake I found wriggling across the street on our run!!
I put him in the grass


Giacomo has shown great signs of a fired up metabolism, and has already lost about 9 pounds. give or take. The same cannot be said for me, as far as numbers on the scale go, which I find to be a little weird, since I have been dieting hard and working out just as much, with no cheats. I have come to grips with the fact that 140 is where my body likes to be, and I know it will fight me tooth and nail if I try to change that too much, too fast. So I am o.k with slow, steady, long lasting change.

I did notice that my clothes are already fitting me differently, so sweet. But MOREOVER, I am getting stronger again; I can feel it and I can see it. So I figured even if the scale isn't moving, my body composition is changing, so I checked it out, and BOOYA! 19.6% body fat. Which is down from 21 point something to start. I don't really trust body fat measurements a whole lot because there are just SO many variables that go into calculating that, but I know for sure mine has gone down, at least a little, and that is making me happy. :-)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At Laughing Planet where we went for dinner.
Yup, that's a T-Rex eating a corn chip.
No, we didn't do it. We found him like that.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issues Dani, my weight is really slow to change but I do feel like I am starting to notice changes in my body shape and a little drop in body fat. I am also definitely getting stronger! One thing a lot of people say on the p90x boards and that I also noticed the last time I did it was that you notice the most drastic changes in the 2nd and 3rd months... So look forward to that! Also you guys are my heros for sticking to that wacky diet! I don't know if I could do it ;)

    ReplyDelete